22 Sep 2013

Review: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit





Let me start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Etude House. So much so, that about 70 percent of my makeup drawer consists of this cosmetics brand. Their products are affordable without sacrificing quality, so it's not hard to see why it's become one of the most popular cosmetics houses in South Korea and other Asian countries including the Philippines, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan.

Because of this, I've decided to dedicate my first review to one of their most popular products: the Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit. Although it's been on the market for a good while now, I only bought this BB cream for the first time this year. There are two different BB creams in this range: the Bright Fit and the Cotton Fit. The Bright Fit is supposed to give a dewy, bright finish whilst the Cotton Fit gives a matte finish. I prefer the dewy look, so I decided to try this one and at KRW14 000 (about $14) for 60g it's a steal.

I'll be honest, I had very high hopes and expectations for Etude's most popular BB cream as many ladies swear by it. However, after using it I felt a little disappointed. Firstly, the color is a bit too dark for my complexion- which is my own fault for not testing it before purchasing. There are four shades available: #1 Light Beige, #2 Natural Beige, #3 Honey Beige, #4 Sand Beige. I got the Natural Beige as it's the shade I've been using in their Total Age Repair BB Cream (one of my favourites which I'll be reviewing soon!) so be careful to assume that you'll be the same shade in every Etude House BB cream.

While applying this BB cream I could feel that it is much heavier than my usual BB creams. It almost felt like I had applied SPF lotion to my skin as it has a bit of a sticky texture. I prefer light to medium coverage, so it was a little too heavy on my skin for my liking, but if you like more coverage I think you'll like it. Since going off the birth control pill my skin has been really volatile and as a result my skin is very oily and dry at the same time and the heaviness of this BB cream causes a flaky appearance in my dry areas and exacerbates the oiliness- especially in the hot, humid Korean summer. My skin also erupted slightly and felt a little itchy after a day's wear, so the ingredients are obviously too harsh for me. I'm always in search of a foundation that gives a glowy finish, but that still manages to control the oil and doesn't rest in my laughing creases and wrinkles, but unfortunately this BB cream fell short in all of the above.

Etude House claims that this BB cream is "Whitening, Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Darkening" and with an SPF30 I won't refute that your skin won't get darker (aka tanned), but as for its age reversing properties I cannot speak as I didn't use it long enough.

xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...