23 Oct 2013

20 Grooming Tips I Swear By: Part 1

1. Start a 3-step skin care regime
Wash, tone and moisturise. There are many different brands in various price ranges to choose from and you can even make your own if you prefer a natural approach. Either way, invest in your skin- you deserve it.

2. Exfoliate once a week
Not just your face, I'm talking your whole body! Dead skin cells accumulate on your skin and makes it look dull, so scrub weekly to reveal new, glowing skin. Be careful not to overdo it, though, as this will have the opposite effect.

3. Moisturise often
Because skin types differ, so will the need to moisturise. Oily skin types can get away with weekly moisturising while dry skin needs daily moisture replacement. I moisturise daily due to the fact that Korea has an extreme climate compared to South Africa and the hard water here leaves my skin parched too. The best time to apply your body lotion is right after taking a bath or shower. It also absorbs and locks the moisture in much better if you pat skin dry instead of rubbing.

4. Use a face mask once or twice a week
Face masks are one of those items that make me feel extra pampered. Investing in a good mask will have long-term benefits for your skin, but even the more affordable ones provide nice temporary effects and add to the pampering experience.

5. Coconut oil is your friend
I did a post on my favourite beauty uses for coconut oil not too long ago and maintain that it's one of nature's little 'miracle products'. With so many uses from moisturising to removing makeup as well as soothing skin conditions like eczema, I am never without my coconut oil and neither should you be!

6. Pluck and fill those brows!
I cannot stress this enough. Until you've groomed your brows you have no idea what you're missing out on. This is an instant, guaranteed way of looking more attractive and, really, who needs bushy brows that do nothing for the eyes except draw attention away from them? If you've never groomed your brows, please don't try it yourself. It's super cheap to have them professionally done at a salon and the result will be much nicer. You can choose between waxing, plucking or threading, so ask your beauty therapist about the best solution for your particular brows. When you're done with shaping, go get yourself a nice eyebrow palette and pencil and start practising how to fill them in to make them look even better. It might take some time to figure out the best look for you, but it will be so worth it.

7. Remove ALL your unwanted hair
I prefer to have as little hair on my body as possible. The only hair I actually keep are the ones on my head, my brows and the ones I can't see- the rest comes off. There's this common misconception that removing hair will result in it growing back thicker, darker and denser, but this is a myth. I can write an entire post on this, so to spare me the time I'll refer you to this article and this one too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all women have to go bare, but if it's something that bothers you, do something about it, my dear! There are so many options available: shaving, waxing, laser hair removal, creams and even safe cream bleaches if you want to lighten body hair. You really don't have to put up with it :)

8. Invest in a flat iron/ hair straightener
My life was forever changed when I used my first ghd flat iron and yours will be too! If you like styling your hair, but have little time to do it, then a hair straightener is a great tool to have. I do my hair in 15 minutes in the morning before going to work, but if your mornings are hectic you can even wash and straighten your hair the night before- it will still look pretty the next morning and if you need to do touch-ups it won't even take 5 minutes.

9. Use tinted lip balm
I'm not exactly a fan of lipstick. There's something about the taste and texture I just can't get used to and I also find it dries my lips a lot. A wonderful alternative is tinted lip balm as it moisturises, while adding some colour and lips are super kissable without the burden of staining your partner's lips. If you're like me and want colour without the cons of lipstick, try some lip balm. It's also great for ladies who like natural-looking makeup. I'll do a post soon on my favourite tinted lip balms.

10. Wear perfume!
I can't leave my house without spraying on some perfume. It's the absolute make-me-feel-pretty product and really finishes off your look. I've owned just about a thousand different  perfumes and love trying out new ones as they come out. There's such a big variety to choose from and they make the perfect gift too! So if you can't afford that really nice, but very expensive bottle you've been eyeing, why not request it as a birthday or Christmas gift?

xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good and useful information about grooming tips♥ I want to be beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :) Glad you're enjoying it! Will post Part 2 later today. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...