1 Oct 2013

My top 10 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil


Lately I've been looking into a more natural approach to beauty and in the process have discovered many wonderful products straight from mother nature. I've really become conscious about what I put in and on my body in recent years and have been trying to limit the amount of potentially harmful parabens, sulphates and other chemicals. If you don't know what these are, do yourself a favour and read up on them and decide for yourself- it never hurts to educate yourself :)

So I recently bought a jar of extra virgin organic coconut oil and I'm in love so far, ladies! In a single jar you have several beauty products that are so gentle and effective you'll never be without it again. Because I love it so much, I decided to make a top 10 favourite uses list- here they are:


It's not very practical using the oil straight from the jar, so I went to the Daiso (which is Korea's version of the Crazy Store or dollar store) and got a set of travel sized plastic bottles and transferred some of the oil into them. When using the oil as a face moisturiser, you can put a few drops onto a cotton ball and sweep it across your face- not too much oil though, as it absorbs better when you apply a thin layer. You can apply your usual moisturiser/serum on top of this, if you wish. 
I must quickly add that a few days ago I used a face wash sample from Etude House and without reading the info, I used it- bad idea to say the least! My skin felt raw and was burning like crazy afterwards. As I expected, I started drying and flaking on my forehead, around my nose and my chin area the very next day; but after applying some coconut oil with a cotton disc, my skin was back to normal in only two days.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how continued use will affect my skin and clear up the upside-down-hormones-blemishes I've been getting. If you're on a tight budget or like an organic, natural approach to beauty, I recommend you try some coconut oil as it can replace several costly beauty products and feels and smells divine on your skin!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...