11 Oct 2013

Review: Etude House Total Age Repair BB Cream


I've been using Etude House's Total Age Repair BB cream for two years now, and it's definitely one of the better BB creams I've tried so far. While you can use BB cream as a base for your foundation or a replacement thereof, I prefer the latter as I like a more natural look. The BB creams in Asia are also generally known to give a little more coverage than their Western counterparts, so they work quite well as a substitute for foundation.

The Total Age Repair BB cream is Etude's top of the line BB cream and at KRW20 000 ($20) per tube, it's a bit more expensive than the others. It's aimed at an older age group than the average BB cream, but I feel they might be losing a big chunk of their target market, because any age group can benefit from this BB cream- not just those who are looking for anti-ageing solutions.

This BB cream comes in a long tube with a pump- something I love, because it's much more hygienic and every pump dispenses enough product for a single application. The active ingredients are Immortelle flowers and royal jelly as well as grape and ginseng extract and red ginseng snail extract. There are two shades available: #1 Light Beige and #2 Natural Beige. I use #2 and while it initially has that typical BB cream grey cast, the colour blends flawlessly with my skin after a few minutes and gives a beautiful, dewy finish. This BB cream provides medium coverage.


I really love how moisturising this BB cream is- it never cakes or flakes on my skin. It needs to be lightly set with a powder though, and lasts about six hours before I need to touch up. Because my skin is quite oily in my T-zone, the BB cream tends to 'melt' in this area, so that's the main area where I need retouching. Another major plus point for this product is the fact that it doesn't make my skin breakout and doesn't contain parabens, talc, benzophenone or mineral oils.

It claims to be anti-wrinkle and whitening, but I haven't noticed either. I don't like the idea of anything whitening my skin anyway, but so many Korean cosmetics claim this and I'm starting to think they misadvertise to lure their Asian customers (who strive to have the whitest skin imaginable). I do, however, trust that it prevents ageing due to sun exposure as well as tanning; with an SPF45 (the highest I've seen) and PA+++ rating this baby is pretty potent against UVA and UVB rays!

This is my go-to BB cream and while I'm still on the lookout for the 'perfect' one, this one is more than sufficient for my skin's needs and therefore I can recommend it to anyone who tends to flake in some areas, needs some moisture and likes a natural, dewy finish.
xo




2 comments:

  1. It's a very nice review :) I am 20+ years old and been wondering if I should really use anti-wrinkle stuffs because some people recommend that it's good and some say the products can't be absorbed well if you are in your twenties. I really love the purple color of it btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiko- glad you like the review! I don't use any anti-ageing as I find it's too harsh for my sensitive skin. I'm particularly sensitive to Retinol. However, I really like salicylic acid as it's a gentle, effective exfoliator, which (in my opinion) is the most beneficial thing for your skin second to a good moisturiser. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...