22 Jan 2014

Review: Etude House Oh m'Eye Line Liquid Eyeliner


I am totally petrified of liquid eyeliner. There, I said it.

I tried it once when I was in University and... FAIL. I ended up looking like Madame Medusa from the animated film The Rescuers- a look no self-respecting woman should ever strive for ;) And so, for the past couple of years I'd been avoiding it like the plague. Well, until now, of course. I finally mustered up the courage and bought Etude House's Oh m'Eye Line liquid eyeliner in December last year and it had been laying in my makeup drawer till yesterday morning, when I decided to take the plunge and try it out.

This waterproof liner comes in three shades: #1 Black, #2 Grey and #3 Brown. At only KRW 4000 it's really affordable and comes in a 5ml plastic pot with a fine tip brush. It promises a smudge-free, long-wearing experience that is easy to apply, dries quickly and provides a rich pigmented result.

I got the liquid liner in #1 Black and was surprised (almost shocked) at how easy it was to apply! All it took was five minutes, making sure to do small sections at a time and this was the result:


The applicator brush is a dream! It grabs just enough product and glides on effortlessly to create a perfect line. If you need a little less product you can easily wipe the tip on the inside of the pot to get rid of the excess. Etude wasn't kidding when they said this stuff is richly pigmented! I didn't have to go over the line again at all. A single swipe is all it takes to create a beautiful, matte line that lasts for hours and hours. I even rubbed it after it dried to test the smudge-free claims and it passed with flying colours.



When it was time to remove the product, I also decided to test the waterproof claims and tried removing it by splashing some water onto my face and it still stuck. It loosened up a bit after rubbing, but only came off completely after I used some coconut oil on a cotton disc ( I use it as a makeup remover.) Another thing I noticed is that it peels off, rather than dissolving- a sure way to determine that it won't run if it had to come into contact with water. I'd be confident enough to go swimming with this stuff on!


As a true beginner when it comes to liquid eyeliner, I can recommend this to anyone. It applies like a dream and came through on all of its claims. I'll definitely be repurchasing- in fact, I'm looking at getting the brown shade sometime this week. The packaging might not be as cute as Etude House's other products, but it's definitely one of this brand's strongest offerings!

xo



2 comments:

  1. This looks like an awesome eyeliner, thank you for the review! I remember the first time I did liquid eyeliner... it took me forever, and I was in a Sephora store. I bought this overpriced Dior liquid liner, and the SA was trying to teach me in the store. T__T I still cringe. I must've been there for like, 1 hour, getting black ink inside my eyeballs.

    Junniku blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I know that feeling all too well and was so happy this stuff went on easy. I guess it just proves again that expensive doesn't always mean best quality/ functionality. Thanks for getting in touch! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...