3 Feb 2014

Review: Etude House Color My Brows Eyebrow Mascara in #4 Natural Brown


Today I'm reviewing Etude House's Color My Brows eyebrow mascara and I have to admit that when I first saw this stuff I was really confused! People put mascara on their brows? Whyyy?! Maybe I was stuck under a rock or something, but I had no idea that such a product even existed until I saw it in the store. But being the beauty addict that I am, I was also intrigued and had to try out this cosmetic anomaly.


After some investigating, I learnt that eyebrow mascaras are quite nifty little things. They can be used to fill brows, lighten or darken brow colour or to set the brows to keep them in place after filling them in with your pencil or brow kit. Pretty cool, right? I thought so too!

Color my brows comes in an extended five colour range: #1 Rich Brown, #2 Light Brown, #3 Red Brown, #4 Natural Brown and #5 Blonde Brown. I chose #4 Natural Brown as it's a tad lighter than my natural eyebrow colour and helps lighten up my brows after I fill and shape them with my Perfect Brow Kit. This makes them look more natural and also sets them in place until I remove my makeup at night. A little word of advice, unless you have almost invisible brows, don't opt for a darker colour than your eyebrows as this might look a bit harsh/ masculine on your face, especially if you have thicker brows.


The packaging is very simple. It comes in a bottle similar to mascara, except a little shorter, with a spool brush for application. As the spool tends to grab a lot of product, I'd recommend wiping off the excess before applying it to your brows as it might be too thick and clumpy and you'll end up looking a little ridiculous. To apply, sweep the brush from side to side or up and down and gently brush the product onto your brows. If you have thicker brows, you can even use it to shape the direction of your brows and it will set it nicely in that position all day. I bought mine in store for KRW 6000 which is a decent price considering how long it lasts. I've been using it for three months already and there's still tons of product left.


I really like this product and now consider it a staple item in my makeup routine. If you've read my other posts, you'll know I'm a big fan of eyebrow grooming and this little gem finishes them off perfectly. Do I recommend it? Absolutely! If you're as serious about your brows as you should be as I am, go get some straight away, my lovelies! ;)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...