22 Feb 2014

Review: Etude House Look At My Eyes Pearl Shadow Base


Hello! I'm back after a short  break from blogging and today I'm reviewing Etude House's Look At My Eyes Pearl Shadow Base.

For those of you who don't know, eye shadow base is one of those essential items needed for when you want to create perfectly colour-popping eye shadow looks. As you can see from the picture below, it really enhances the colour of your eye shadow and, in my opinion, can even improve the look of those dreaded chalky and low-pigmented shadows.



I got the 2g pot from the Etude House mini store on Gmarket for KRW4 500. The packaging is similar to  Etude's single eye shadows which make it easy to apply with your fingers or a cream shadow/ concealer makeup brush. This base is compacted inside the pot (if that makes sense?) and has a creamy texture with a pearl shimmer, but this doesn't affect matte eye shadows.

So, let's see how it performed:

The bad news: since it has such a creamy (almost oily) texture your eye shadow is going to crease. The good news: don't let this put you off- I've found a way around this: Apply a matte skin colour eye shadow before applying this base and set it afterwards with the same shadow. It will help keep your lids oil-free all day and won't affect the colour-popping of your other eye shadows. Alternatively, you can also try an eye primer, but I'd still recommend setting the base with a neutral eye shadow as it might still crease or cause your mascara to transfer onto your lids. You can also use this base a a highlighter on your Cupid's bow and cheeks and nose- yay!



I like this base. It's not the best out there, but it's sufficient enough for my current needs as it really does brighten up my eye shadow beautifully. In a perfect world it wouldn't make your eye shadow crease, but for the price you're paying and the fact that you can work around its Achilles heel, I'm giving it 3.5.
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...