4 Feb 2014

Review: L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Hair Masque


Today I'm reviewing (well, actually more like raving about) one of my all-time favourite hair care products: L'Oreal Mythic Oil Nourishing Hair Masque. This miracle in a jar really saved my hair after I put it through a ton of abuse in 2012. To give you a rundown, I had been dyeing my naturally light brown hair dark brown/black since I was 15, which has been fine, but after moving to Korea where "Magic Straight" (chemically straightening) is all the rage, I decided to try it out. A few months after that, I decided that I'm tired of having black hair and wanted to go a few shades lighter, so I went to the salon and got it bleached and redyed to a reddish brown colour. But then I didn't like the red so much, so dyed it brown again and that was it. My thick, beautiful shiny, healthy hair was ruined.

I was left with dry, brittle hair with so many split ends I could cry. I then started using the Mythic Oil shampoo and hair masque and noticed a big difference. I wasn't too crazy about the shampoo as it left my hair feeling a little greasy at the roots, but the masque is the only type of conditioner to ever touch my hair now.


The Mythic Oil range contains Argan oil which is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3 oils as well as Cotton Seed oil that helps to soften hair. This formula is paraben-free and light enough for everyday use. They are only available at hair salon's who stock L'Oreal products and while I'm not 100% sure of the price, I know it's pretty pricey (about $30/ ZAR350/ KRW35 000 for 200ml.) I got my first tub in South Africa for about that price and asked my mom-in-law to send me some for Christmas. It does last a long time though (about 4~7 months) as you only use a small amount at a time and only on your ends.



My hair has become soft, shiny and healthy-looking again and I am able to easily comb through it when it's wet- an almost impossible task with drugstore variety conditioners when your hair is extremely dry and brittle. While this product didn't completely reverse the damage, it did help to nourish and replenish lost moisture.

I've been growing out my hair since 2013 and it even protects and repairs my new hair against the hard water in our apartment building (another sneaky culprit of hair damage!) I can honestly vouch that this product is worth every cent. The wonderful results, amazing smell and quality of this stuff is why I will continued to rave about it for years to come and recommend it to everyone whose hair needs some TLC.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...