25 Apr 2014

Review: Etude House Vivid Pop Stick #3 'Just Dance'

Today I'll be reviewing the Etude House Vivid Pop Stick in shade #3 'Just Dance'. These chubby sticks come in eight different shades ranging from soft peach all the way to crimson red. They can be used to create gradient lips as well as vivid, full-coverage looks. I got mine online at Gmarket for KRW7 500 for 2.4g. 




Packaging:
It comes in a plastic holder with a twist mechanism at the bottom end. Nothing special; pretty much just serves its purpose. There's about 4cm of product when it's twisted all the way out.




Texture and Scent:
There's virtually no scent to this lip crayon, which saddened me a little as I love lip products with sweet, fruity scents. As for the texture, I can't praise Etude enough for coming up with such a gorgeous formula! Because of its smooth, creamy texture this stuff goes on effortlessly and feels really comfortable and lightweight.



My thoughts:
As some of you might know by now, I'm not the biggest fan of lipstick as it's very drying on my lips. Chubby sticks like this one have been a welcome addition to my makeup collection! What's special about this one though, is the fact that it has a matte finish, but without the drying effects commonly associated with it. The formula is very moisturising and so comfortable to wear that it almost feels like I've only got lip balm on. The wear is pretty average at 1-3 hours, but if you're going to eat or drink it will fade, leaving a slight tint on your lips that lasts a good couple of hours.

I like how versatile this product it is. You can wear it any way you like: from a slight tint with some lip balm over it, to gradient lips and it works amazingly well for vivid, k-pow! in-your-face bright lips, because its super pigmented. The only real issue I had is with the shade. It looks more on the red side than the deep pink colour I was expecting. Luckily, I liked the way it turned out. One thing about the colours though, some of them look slightly unnatural and because of this, will only work on people with certain skin tones and colouring. Will I be repurchasing? Yes, in fact the next shade I've got my eye on is #4, so I can finally have that pretty pink colour my makeup drawer is lacking.

xo



2 comments:

  1. I love these so much! I can't seem to find them anymore though. Ugh! My favorite one though is #4 Pop stick Baby....the most gorgeous cherry pink I've ever seen. I always get SO many compliments when I wear it.

    Regina
    Margarita Bloom | Modern Vintage Beauty & Fashion
    BLOG: Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
    INSTAGRAM: @margaritabloom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...