2 Apr 2014

Review: Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - Hot Pink


I've been on a BB cream spree of sorts these last couple of months, trying out all kinds of different ones in the form of samples I get with my other purchases, as well as ones I decided to try out on recommendation from other beauty bloggers. I've actually known about the popular Skin79 BB creams (they call theirs 'Beblesh Balm') for a good while now and have no idea why I haven't tried it sooner. There are so many different kinds to choose from (almost too many), but there really is one for every skin type and preference! I decided on the Hot Pink since its one of the more popular versions and suited to all skin types, but with emphasis on oil-control. I got mine on sale at the Skin79 Mini Shop on Gmarket for KRW22 950, which (for 40g of product) is a tad more expensive (even with the sale price) than your average Korean BB cream brands. As part of the sale event, they included 5 face sheet masks as well as a bunch of samples of the other BB creams in this range. Yes, please!


What it promises: 

 

Packaging:
While I love the bright pink container and its hygienic pump dispenser, I've found that the pump can be somewhat temperamental at times, not dispensing the same amount of product with each pump and sometimes dispensing no product at all, due to air bubbles that get trapped inside. This isn't a major turnoff for me though.


Texture and Scent:
Let me start by saying I love the scent of this product! It smells like sunscreen, except a little lighter and makes me feel happy somehow (Yes. I'm a little weird that way when it comes to scents and colours.) The smell disappears soon after application though, so it won't be a bother to those who are sensitive to fragrances.

The texture is also rave-worthy. Seriously. This stuff is a dream come true for anyone who battles dry skin and has been the best product I've tried on my dry, winter skin. Its creamy, yet wonderfully light texture is an absolute delight to my skin as it gives it a much-needed moisture boost. And I must emphasise how amazing it is in terms of preventing and managing flakiness. So much so, that my mind is completely boggled at the fact that this particular version is marketed at normal to oily skin types.


My thoughts:
This BB cream only comes in one shade (it's greatest drawback) and, sadly, will only be suited to those with lighter complexions. While it initially gives that typical BB cream grey cast, it does oxidize beautifully to match my NC20 skin tone after just a few minutes. Because of its light coverage it can even be used as a primer or as base coverage under your foundation. I haven't found it to be the best in oil control (which it is marketed as) but as long as I use my Face It Velvet Skin Primer and a touch of setting powder in my t-zone, I'm good to go. It does give a lovely dewy finish, which is great for dry skin, but will eventually slightly melt in the t-zone if you tend to get oily there. [Tip: It's better to apply a thin layer as it can end up looking a bit shiny if you apply too much product.] I haven't noticed any wrinkle improvement or whitening, although as I've mentioned before, I think what these cosmetics companies mean is that it prevents pigmentation due to sun exposure thanks to the high SPF ingredients- because I've never experienced any bleaching properties with any beauty product I've used to date (and sure as hell don't want to either!)


Anyone struggling with dry, flaky, sensitive skin will know how incredibly rare it is to find a product that revives your skin and that's what I've found in this BB cream. I really love the way this it makes my skin look and feel as well as the fact that it doesn't make me break out. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it actually helps improve it. I'll probably use this more during the winter season, because my skin gets rather oily during the humid Korean summer months, but thankfully I've already found the version in this line that will be perfect for summer.

In my search for the perfect BB cream, I think I have finally found a true contender and as such, the Skin79 BB creams (note the plural... I've tried several samples of the other versions and they're really nice too!) have earned their spot on my very short HG product list.
xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...