1 Jun 2014

Review: Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #1 'Before Blossom'


I've been obsessed with lip tints lately and have bought a bunch that I'll be reviewing in due course. Today, however, the limelight falls on Etude House's Rosy Tint Lips. There are eight shades in this range consisting of reds, pinks, purples and one nude shade. Today I'll be reviewing shade #1 called 'Before Blossom'. I got the 7g tube in store for W8500, but they're also available at the Etude House mini shop on Gmarket.




What it promises:
"This velvet type Tint Lips comes with a soft delicate texture and rich colour to express lips of a rosy petal."

Packaging:
This lip tint comes in a hard plastic tube that needs to be squeezed (pretty damn hard!) to dispense the product and has a unique, albeit somewhat unhygienic, sponge applicator tip with a screw-off cap (Screw-off cap? Screw cap? Is that the right word here? lol...The summer heat is obviously messing with my brain today. But anyway...)



Texture and Scent:
When I first tried this stuff I was somewhat perplexed and surprised by the texture. I was expecting a liquid, gel-like formula, but instead was greeted by what can only be described as a partially melted chocolate texture. It goes on beautifully though, so no complaints there. As for the scent, it smells faintly of roses but nothing overpowering and not nearly as scented as the usual Etude fare.



My Thoughts: 
After seeing the texture, I must admit that my hopes for this lip tint dwindled faster than you could say 'I told you so'. But I was pleasantly surprised to learn how nicely this stuff applies. While the sponge tip isn't the most hygienic, I must give it credit that it creates better gradient lips than any other product I've used before. It's super easy to do full-coverage lips too and you don't even need lip liner to neaten up the edges- the application really is flawless. Oh, and don't even get me started on just how gorgeously vivid the colour is! I'm really in love with this shade- it's exactly the femme fatale type red I was looking for. I'm also happy with the 3-5 hours of wear I get. Expect it to fade to a lighter version of itself when eating or drinking and be careful as it tends to transfer pretty easily.

As with most products, though,  this one isn't completely flawless either. Since it gives a matte finish it's a little drying and will crease and flake on lips that are even slightly dry. This tint is better suited for climates where skin and lips tend to be less dry or for those ladies with naturally soft lips. I do recommend using a clear lip balm before applying, to add some moisture and create a smooth canvas for application.
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...